Sunday, March 4, 2012

Jackalope

So I (Ryan) just got back from a work trip over to Flagstaff, AZ and decided to bring Amy back an incredibly rare find- a mounted Jackalope buck! These fearsome critters are what happened when jackrabbits mated with a now-extinct species of pygmy deer (No, seriously...). The result is an antlered rabbit. I have only seen one of these before so I just couldn't pass it up. Price was no concern. Besides, Ronald Reagan had one. Amy does not appreciate my gift at all and will not let me put it up in our house (lame) so I thought I would share it with all of you. Jack, however, does love it and has decided that he is a Jackalope. Mommy is also a "Momalope" and I am a "Dadalope." Unfortunaly, "Nathalope" didn't make the cut. Maybe I will hang it above the crib...


Scary looking, isn't he?


Imagine my surprise when the restaurant in the Phoenix airport which we ate at on the way home had a Jackalope table in it!

No comments: