Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Frank the Combine Harvester Costume


Dad: "Hey Jack - what do you want to be for Halloween?"
 
Jack: "Hmmmm... I think I want to be a combine harvester!" (of course)
 
Dad: "A John Deere combine?"
 
Jack: "No, Frank the Combine Harvester."
 
For those of you that don't know who Frank is, he is very a minor character from the Disney movie, Cars.  Great - where do you get that kind of a costume???  I spent a long time googling everything I could find on Frank the Combine costumes and the best I could come up with was a blog in Canada with a bunch of moms also looking for a Frank costume.
 
So, it's a good thing I married Ryan - he spent the weekend crafting this costume from cardboard.  Way to go, Dad!!!!!  Just wait until you have to do better than this one next year!!!
 

 Jack explaining to our neighbors who Frank is.
 
 
To help bring down the unemployment rate and improve the economy, Jack has started his own company, Frank the Combine Lawn Care Service.  Our neighborhood is loving it.
 

 Frank makes an appearance in the movie Cars after the characters Mater and Lightning tip over the tractors.  Jack re-created the scene in our front yard.
 
 
 And then there's this big boy.
 
 
 Is that your big brother's apple that you have managed to get your hands on?
 
 
Naughty!!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I was so excited to see your blog on Frank the Combine! My son is a "Frank" fan & I had the same conversation about what he wanted to be for Halloween. I made his costume based on your wonderful pictures! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Anonymous said...

Please tell how you made that my son loves frank I would love to dress as frank for his Birthday

Tricia Patricco said...

This is awesome! My 4 year old asked for this costume the night before Halloween...of course we had to veto, but with enough time we'd have been making one too. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing!! My son is also a massive Frank fan. I think I can definitely give this design a go! I don't think it will be quite as refined as yours, that's some skill gone into that one, but we'll have fun!! This will be a great craft project :)