Saturday, August 20, 2011

Practicing for Baby Brother

Jack has not been all that excited so far about a baby brother invading "Jack's house."  A few weeks ago Jack saw me holding a baby and it became obvious we may have a problem in store for us.  Two days later he announced that, "Jack is so sad."  When I inquired why I was told, "Jack is so sad when Mommy holds the baby."  Later we were told that he was also sad when the baby came to live with us.

Well, the due date is exactly 4 weeks from today so I was relieved when this afternoon Jack had a change of heart.  He has been carrying around his baby doll for at least an hour now taking care of him.  This includes giving him milk from a bottle, hugging and kissing him, putting him to sleep in "Jack's Lightning McQueen bed" and I even caught him explaining to the baby that the street is dangerous.  Maybe this won't be as bad as we thought.....


No comments: